BA Graphic Design & Visual Communication
Study Graphic Design & Visual Communication at Berlin International
The learning environment fostered at Berlin International is student-centered and hands-on. Our teaching concept focuses on project-based learning; students work individually and in groups in order to promote professional and personal growth and the development of team skills. All BA programs at Berlin International are taught in English. In combination with our diverse student and teaching body and our global network this enables us to offer a truly international academic experience.
Graphic designers have a wide variety of job opportunities. Our graduates can work in fields such as brand design, interaction design (including UX and UI design), information design, motion graphics, typography, book and magazine design as well as advertising and design consultancy. A graphic designer's work has the potential to impact and improve our daily environment on an economic, political, social, cultural, and personal level.
Potential professional environments include:
- Graphic design studios
- Branding and advertising agencies
- Interaction and web design agencies
- Publishers (digital and print media)
- Television and film industries
- Design departments of mid-sized and large companies
- Start-ups (various sectors including app and game design)
- Freelance work
The application process for studying Graphic Design & Visual Communication at Berlin International is very easy. You can simply and safely share your personal information through our online application platform. After receiving a confirmation email with a link a copy of the following documents can be uploaded:
- High school diploma certificate with transcript (German Abitur, Fachabitur or equivalent). Please also submit an official translation of the diploma and transcript into English or German if they are in another language.
- University certificate with transcript (if applicable). Please also submit an official translation of the diploma and transcript into English or German if they are in another language.
- English language test certificate (CEFR level B2 or above)
- Portfolio PDF with a minimum of 10 works
For more information please use the menu item Admission.