Prof. Dr. Carola Ebert, Professor of Interior Architecture/Interior Design at BI, will participate in the "Symposium Architekturdialog International", which is organized by Architektenkammer Berlin and will take place on Friday, 17.11.2023.
The symposium serves as a platform for a comprehensive international discourse on the architecture profession. It connects architects, interior architects, landscape architects, and urban planners from different countries to discuss similarities and differences in education, practice, professional image, and everyday practice from an international perspective.
How do regulations and language or diversity, workload, and climate change affect students, young professionals, or members of large international offices in different countries?
The symposium facilitates a discourse on the core themes of the Architects' Chamber Berlin in an international context. The first panel deals with changes in the workplace, studying and working internationally, and starting on the job. The second explores professional practices in Germany and Italy, more specifically.
Panel 1 “Studying and Working Internationally” with Prof. Dr. Carola Ebert
Among the renowned panelists, Prof. Dr. Carola Ebert brings her expertise in international education to the symposium’s first panel. As a registered architect and professor specializing in Interior Architecture/Interior Design, she will draw on her rich and diverse knowledge of professional practice, education and research within the field and address the interests and concerns of international students and young professionals working in Berlin.
Symposium Architekturdialog International (in German)
Date and Time: November 17, 2023 - 6:00 PM
Location: Alwin-Brandes-Saal, 5th Floor, Architects' Chamber Berlin, Alte Jakobstr. 149, 10969 Berlin
Changes in Work Environments, Studying and Working Internationally, Career Entry, and Work-Life Balance
Moderation: Andrea Rausch, Interior Architect and Board Member of the Architects' Chamber Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Carola Ebert, Architect and Professor of Interior Architecture, Theory, and History of Architecture and Design, Berlin International University of Applied Sciences
- Jasmine Ghandtchi, Specialist in Technical German and Intercultural Communication
- Valeria Shchipitsyna, Architect, and Andreas Trampe-Kieslich, Architect at OMT Architects, Members of the Strategy Group Newcomer of the Architects' Chamber Berlin
Building Transformation, Internationalization, and Challenges in the Profession in Germany and Italy
Moderation: Theresa Keilhacker, Architect and President of the Architects' Chamber Berlin
- Tancredi Capatti, Capattistaubach Urbane Landschaften
- Vera Martinez, Architect from Italy and Member of the Representative Assembly of the Architects' Chamber Berlin
- Pietro Balp, Heim Balp Architekten
- Silvia Siracusano, Architect at Stöckert Architekten and participant in Technical German for Architects
This symposium presents an invaluable opportunity for engagement with diverse perspectives, fostering collaboration, and contributing to the global discourse on the future of architecture.
Click here for registration and more information about the event.